1. What’s your name? Whitney
2. What 5 words best describe you? FUN, opinionated, original, entrepreneur, Octagon (have so many sides to me!!!)
3. What is something about yourself that people would find surprising? I’m a nerd deep-down at heart. I am obsessed with politics, Harry Potter, and sharks.
4. When and how did you get into modelling? I got into modeling when I was about 16. I was dating someone who knew a photographer and he set me up with him. We had a shoot, it went really well and ever since then I have been continuing working with others and networking in the modeling community.
5. What do you love most about Femme Fatale? I love the fact that Femme is female owned and run. In my opinion every agency working with hundreds of beautiful women should be female run so there is no worry of alterative reasoning, assault, unprofessionality, etc. There are always problems associated with models and male-run agencies. I wish more agencies were female run and maybe they would run as smoothly and as successfully as Femme.
6. If you had any advice for a girl who wanted to become a part of Femme Fatale what would you tell them? I would tell them if they think they have the looks and more importantly the personality then to give in a go! But put your best foot forward because Femme is very selective!
7. What 3 characteristics do you think it takes to become a Femme Fatale? Fun! You have to be fun because most of them time Femme models are being hired to help the party come alive! Most of the time we ARE the party!! You also have to be Professional. There are a lot of jobs with Femme and it is hard to schedule all these different models so it makes it a lot more hard if models are cancelling, not showing up, showing up late, etc. No room for flakes! Also, you have to be nice! No cattiness here-this is one big model family!
8. If you had to sum up Femme Fatale in one word what would it be? Exclusive.
9. You’ve worked quite a few events with us, which had been your favorite thus far? MY favorite event was being painted as a Tiger for Muzik Nightclub!! I enjoyed parading around in my stripes and new-found cattitude! It was also fun bringing out the enormous Birthday cake for the owner’s Birthday with all the other wildcats:)
10. Were there any models growing up who inspired you? Why? Marilyn Monroe always inspired me as a model because she was a hot blonde who turned her curves into an advantage instead of a disadvantage after the waif-model phase. She proved to the world that women can look just as good with a few pounds extra than less.
11. What can always make you laugh? One thing that always makes me laugh is animals. They are so funny and do the most hilarious things. The first time I saw a “giraffe fight” on youtube I almost died laughing.
If I could change one thing about myself I would make myself into… If I could change one thing about myself, I would change how much I procrastinate. I end up putting things on the backburner for too long and it results in me taking a longer time to get to my goals. I need to start thinking like Nike and just do it!!
My favourite part about myself is… My favorite part about myself would probably be my rare personality type. My image often tricks and dissuades people from who I really am. I am extremely multi-sided and have a different way of thinking than most. I can talk and relate to almost any type of person, make them laugh, and shed my light on how to live life to the fullest. In a nut shell, I am extremely well rounded and constantly surprising people around me.
My favorite restaurant is… My favorite restaurant is this small sushi place by my hometown called T and T sushi. Such a good price for all you can eat and twice the selection of most other places. Truly a hidden gem.
The first thing I notice about a guy is… The first thing I notice about a guy is their Biceps. That’s not all that matters but it’s where my eyes go to first. I am definitely a Bicep girl:) Smile is also very important.
Where do you see yourself in 5 years? In five years I see myself modeling in Canada as well as other countries like the US. If not I see myself using my P1 license in the legal field somewhere, fighting and defending people who can’t on their own.